I can’t believe Lenguajero is turning one month old today! What a great first month it has been. Here are some of the milestones we reached this month.
- We have signed up users from nearly every English and Spanish speaking country in the world, and quite a few from countries where neither English nor Spanish is the national language. (For some reason people in New Zealand just do not seem interested in learning Spanish.)
- We have passed the thousand visits in a day milestone.
- We have received some great publicity with a guest post on Travelojos, and a wonderful recommendation from El Blog Para Aprender Ingles.
- We were tweeted by our heroes, Ben and Marina from Notes in Spanish.
- We added new features like a built-in translator on all calls and a profile image cropper.
- We have made a little bit of money – more than $1.00 but less than $20.00. (We are basically each working for about $0.01 per hour right now.)
- We are still running within our free limits on the google app engine.
- We’ve personally had conversations with Spanish speakers from all around the globe and met some really cool people. (We’ve also come to the conclusion that for some reason people really like to answer the call shirtless. This seems to apply to both guys and girls. I guess it is pretty hot in most Spanish speaking countries???)
All in all it’s been a great month for us here at Lenguajero. We are enjoying hearing your feedback and are always looking for new ideas on how to make the site better. We are still working hard on developing new features, and will make some of them available soon. If you have any suggestions for the site either leave a comment here on the blog, or send me a message at email@example.com